Safety Razor - Gold
The last razor you will ever need.
This gorgeous single blade safety razor is made from solid brass and will last you for years to come. Using just a single blade, it cuts the hair close to your skin without the need for excessive blades. Get ready for a close shave with no skin irritation!
A Nära razor is:
- A smooth shave with no irritation
- A conscious choice for sustainable shaving
- More cost-effective than a cartridge razor
♥ We donate 5% of your purchase to help 5 Gyres combat plastic pollution
- Apply generous amounts of Nära shave oil or shave soap
- Hold the razor at a 30 degree angle and gently glide the razor over your skin
- Use short strokes to slowly work your way over your skin
- Take extra care around the skin covering your joints (ankles, elbows etc.)
- Regularly clear the razor head of hair by rinsing under running water and wiping dry on a towel
- Apply more oil/ soap as needed
Replacing the razor blade:
- Hold the razor guard in one hand and twist the handle until it detaches
- Remove the cap from the guard and carefully place a blade on the flat surface, making sure to line up the holes
- Replace the cap by passing the screw through the center hole
- Firmly screw the handle back on
Razor blades are sharp. Keep out of reach of children and always discard used blades safely. We suggest storing used razor blades in the Nära Blade Bank and recycling when full.
The razor handle is made from solid brass with a zinc alloy guard and cap.
At first I was scared it would be really tricky to learn and get used to a safety razor but it was actually pretty simple and not bad. The razor has a super nice weight to it and I love the color. Nära also has amazing customer service. Overall a very good experience. Will definitely be recommending to family and friends.
I LOVE my Nara razor! I had never used a safety razor previously and I will NEVER go back to plastic. I love using this product & knowing I'm no longer contributing to the massive amount of waste created by disposable razors. It does give a super close shave which I love. I've found that the best way to avoid knicks is to use always use the brand's shave oil. Bonus - it's so pretty, love the matte gold, it's gorgeous!